Thursday, 19 January 2012

IPAD V KINDLE

I read a lot of books but of late I haven’t been reading as much because I think the books take up space in my bag. I miss the days where I finish reading a reasonable sized book within a week in between going to uni and work. So I have been doing some research on the kindle and ipad 2.

At first I only wanted an e-reader (kindle) just to read books but now I am interested in an e-reader with access to the internet (wifi & 3G). My boyfriend thinks it’s a bad idea getting an e-reader with access to the internet because I wouldn’t read any book but would spend all my time on the internet instead. 


According to the research i’ve done, the internet on the kindle is basic and might not work on some sites since its main purpose is meant to be an e-reader, while the ipad 2 which i intend to use for leisure really; blogging, shopping, games and maybe take to lectures and seminars in uni, functions better with the internet since that is what it was built for.

I am really torn between sticking to the kindle just for reading books or to get the ipad 2 and get the leisure of the use of the internet. Or should I get both and enjoy the best of both worlds...

If you have either what are your experiences so far? I would really appreciate your input.

Speak soon xx


11 comments:

  1. I need me a Ipad :( x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. from my experience, the kindle gets boring after a bit but the ipad, is pretty dang awesome...its like your mini pc

    ReplyDelete
  3. am swaying towards getting both,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey doll, yeah the sound is really bad on my videos because of my camera its crap lol but the tube its just a cable that i cut of a cattle that didn't work anymore.. so if you have any cables lying around you can use it <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend got a Kindle because she didn't want to be distracted, but I'm 100 percent sure than when I get one it'll be an iPad. I know there's a lot of other things I'll want to use it for, but I don't love the look of the Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. iHave the iPad so I'm already biases lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. @yara, hows your friend finding the kindle
    @skinny, hows your ipad working out for you, any complaints so far? contemplating joining the hype of the ipad, since we have the mac book and the imac at home...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know anything about a kindle but LOVE MY iPad.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer paper back books so that'll be a no to a kindle and a yes to the Ipad for simple convenience and portability :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd definitely go for an Ipad! You can do so much more with it!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. @cheli, i prefer paper backs as well
    @plami, decided the kindle isn't much of an investment

    ReplyDelete